If you’re looking for a volunteer opportunity, mentoring our youth is for you! By volunteering for the Madison County Regional Office of Education’s Give30 program you can make a difference by dedicating just 30 minutes per week out of your life to mentor our youth. Please take a moment to watch the following 30 second clip (by clicking on the link below) from Regional Superintendent Dr. Bob Daiber. And then, please visit give30.net or email Taylor Donohoo HERE or call 618.296.4448 for more information.
Thanks for stopping by!
Click HERE to view the clip.
Audience: Educators, administrators and adults whom regularly interact with at-risk youth. Dr. Jackson’s Book “Don’t Kick Them Out!” will be provided to the first 50 participants.
Topic: Suspension does not solve or correct negative student behavior!
Educators need a different approach. This seminar will empower professional educators with the knowledge, information and understanding they need to improve in school discipline practices and correct negative behaviors of at-risk students.
This empowerment seminar will discuss:
• Why At-Risk Students Get Suspended So Frequently
• Anger Management: Why students display hostile and angry dispositions
• The difference between abuse, discipline and correction
• How to communicate with at-risk students for consistent positive behavioral outcomes
• Methods of successful discipline
• Does age, gender, or race matter in the discipline process?
• How to Address Behavioral Issues of At-Risk Students
• Common Behaviors for Referrals
• The Wrong Approach To Negative Behavior
• 7 Teacher Personality Types
• Why Do Students Disrespect Teachers?
• 21 Dos & Don’ts To Solve Disruptive Classroom Behavior
Presenter: Dr. Jesse W. Jackson III is a nationally recognized school behavior consultant and therapist who specialize in at-risk student achievement and criminal behavior
Cost: $75.00 fee for open enrollment. This workshop is provided free of charge for Truants’ Alternative and Optional Education Program (TAOEP), Regional Safe School Program (RSSP) personnel.
Click HERE for a copy of the flyer. Please share!